Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!



This past weekend, on August 23rd, Andy and I celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage! We took a little trip to Galveston and had a great time relaxing and being together. It is great to look back on the last five years and see all we have been through and how far we have come as a couple. God has certainly blessed us abundantly and things get better every year. I can't wait to see what fun we are having in 50 years! Here's to many more adventures!

First a trip down memory lane......

Andy proposes with me looking my best.:)


August 23, 2003


Our honeymoon (who are those young hotties?!)


And now some pics from this year.......

Some might think it is strange that we took the "little miss" along with us but I guess that is just how we roll.:) While we would definitely welcome a little alone time, we love being together as our little family!

Andy & Mae going down the waterslide at Moody Gardens. Such fun! Seriously, I think I liked it more than Mabry!


A yummy dinner at Fisherman's Wharf

Why would you want to spend your anniversary alone when you could spend it like this?!
And like this. Mae decided to be quite the stinker during dinner but she shaped up once we let her have some of the crab queso. Yummy! (For the record, we did have plans to have dinner alone but Mabry got a case of Pink Eye so that messed things up a little. We had a great time anyway!)
Mommy and Mabry at the beach


Daddy and Mae. I can only speculate they were watching the jumping fish while searching for sharks. Way too far out for me, but this girl LOVES the water just like her old man.

One of the many reasons I love Andy.....
he gave me this little sweetheart!

Our little family
Thanks Andy for 5 amazing years. I love you babe!

11 comments:

Jessica Epps said...

Happy anniversary Addie & Andy! I feel like it was just yesterday when Addie would say that the Dixie Chicks' song "cowboy take me away" reminded her of Andy! And now five years later, you have a beautiful family!!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary...I remember being at your wedding and having to leave in a rush and couldn't even say hi to you. Darn M-I-L!! I can't believe it's been five years already! WOW! Congrats again!

Perks said...

The last pic of your family is SOOO great! What a gorgeous family!

Rebekah said...

I LOVE the family pic at the end! Mabry is adorable, and she knows it! She knows she runs the roost! I'm glad you had a great anniversary and have a blessed marriage and family! Love you!

Laura said...

Happy anniversary! We'd love to get a trip to Texas planned...maybe we can squeeze that in sometime! However, you could have taken an anniversary trip to St. Louis--there are lots of fun things to do here! :)

SheridanLeftwich said...

OK I know I have said this more than once but that is on cUtE kid!

Oh...and hAppY aNniVersAry! :)

The Johnstons said...

happy belated anniversary!! isn't it hard to believe we've already been hitched for five years. such a sweet family, loved all the pictures...one question though, in the picture of mabry by herself is that really sand? looks gross...guess that's galveston for ya! glad y'all had a fun weekend!

The Tenner Family said...

Congrats, Addie. I, too, adore the pic at the end. Your Mabry is just the cutest little thing. Andy's not too bad looking either. :)

The Bobo Buzz said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary to you both! What a GREAT post! 5 years already..where's the 10 kids you were supposed to have popped out by now??!! :) I love love love the last pic! Mae is SO cute, it's the eyes..and Andy always has been one of my favs!! Congrats, and hope yall are blessed with many more years!! love you!

Amy Porter said...

So that means I've officially known you for 5 years!! I remember meeting you on your wedding day! So fun!! Looks like you had a great time! Happy anniversary!!

Lisa said...

Happy cinco! There really is something about being away from home with just your family and having a great time. We went to Sea World with the kids for our anniversary this year. :)