Friday, August 1, 2008

Deer-Meat Sloppy Joes!

I am happy to report that Mabry is eating MUCH better these days! Three nights this past week she has actually eaten what we were having for dinner, and the meal even included meat......something we can NEVER get her to eat! The first two nights we had chicken spaghetti and I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw a piece of chicken go into her mouth and she didn't spit it back out! The third night was venison sloppy-joes. That's right, deer meat. I usually frown a little when Andy insists we eat venison with one of our meals instead of our usual beef or turkey, but I must say these venison sloppy joes did not disappoint! They were actually pretty tasty and our little eater could not get enough. Andy was very proud that his little girl loved the venison on her first try and was happy to be eatin' some of her Daddy's "killin". Thanks Andy for all your hard work to get that venison on the table. I know it was nothing less than misery having to kill that deer so your little family could eat.:)

Our little meat-eater!

Don't let these pics fool you....Mabry hardly EVER sits in her highchair these days. I gave up that fight long ago. She would much rather sit at the big table with us or in my lap for that matter. Her meals usually consist of switching off between sitting in one of the chairs at the table or wandering around the house coming by for scraps every now and then. Whatever gets her to eat!


A happy child makes a happy mother:) Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words regarding Mabry's eating habits. It was nice to know I wasn't alone in the matter and that we would get through it!

Every little girl needs a pic in her Daddy's boots. What fun!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

She is just so stinking cute! And we feel your pain with Rachel...what she loves today will be shunned tomorrow. At least we're never bored!

Rebekah said...

Very cute pictures of the stinkpot! Glad she's eating some real food! It looks as if Mabry's eyes may be close to matching the color of your left eye! :)

SheridanLeftwich said...

Food or no food, she's stinken cute. If she were with me I'd let her have what ever she wants. :)

It is comforting as a mom to see your child do the things you know are best for them. I am glad you feel a little better about her eating habbits. When Elisabeth was little I second guessed all of my parenting.

SheridanLeftwich said...

Food or no food, she's stinken cute. If she were with me I'd let her have what ever she wants. :)

It is comforting as a mom to see your child do the things you know are best for them. I am glad you feel a little better about her eating habbits. When Elisabeth was little I second guessed all of my parenting.

Unknown said...

Good Job, Mabry! So proud of you!