Sunday, May 18, 2008

TV Land Misery

So, somewhere along the way our daughter has found a love for the TV show "The Backyardigans". I am not really an avid TV watcher myself and not an advocate for my child watching very much TV at all. Most days, Mabry and I don't even turn the TV on during the day. However, desperate times call for desperate measures so I have occasionally been known to let her sneak in an episode of "The Backyardigans" (because this is the cartoon I like the most - I think their singing and dancing is super cute and it is a pretty mellow show). Thankfully, Mabry has never taken a TON of interest in sitting down to watch the TV show all the way through....mostly she just enjoys watching the introduction and the end when they sing and dance. This is probably because I would sing the theme song of the show to her and Andy downloaded it on the computer and has been known to play it for her over and over again.:) She has this super cute dance that she does with her hands in the air, swaying back and forth and shaking her cute little bottom so it is pretty tempting to play the theme song just to see her dance. So ANYWAY.....the other day I decided to turn the show on so I could video her cute dancing. Well, I didn't get any footage of the bottom-shakin' dance but I did get this video of some extreme emotions........




This video is of Mabry at the beginning of The Backyardigans........



And this is her at the end of the show.......



I am not usually one for taping my daughter crying and showing it for the amusement of others, but I thought her extreme emotions this day were pretty amazing. I had no idea this was coming....I had only hoped for some cute dancing but you never know what you are going to get with this girl.:) Needless to say, we haven't watched The Backyardigans since.

9 comments:

The Tenner Family said...

That is Hilarious!
Some observations:
1. She is such a mini-Addie-look-alike!
2. Abby has that outfit. Thank you to Sam's for super cheap, super cute clothing!
3. I understand Mabry's excitement at the onset of the TV show. I get that way when I see the waiter at the mexican restaurant come out of the kitchen with my chicken fajitas.
4. Don't feel too bad about her watching some TV. I hear ya: sometimes it is a necessity when Mommy is at her breaking point! ha!
Super cute!

Rebekah said...

HAHAHA!!! Poor kid! I can't believe I'm laughing at that! I must be sick or something! Thanks for sharing, though....I think.

Unknown said...

How cute is that! Just wait until you have 2 kids--you will put Miss Mabry in front of the TV a lot :) Poor Kennedy knows the theme song to pretty much every Nick Jr. cartoon.

The Johnstons said...

Hilarious! She is the cutest and funniest ever! And I love Cathy's comments...they always crack me up!

Davies Family said...

That's so funny! Backyardigans is Sidney's new fav show too.:) I can't say for sure, but we MAY watch it a little more often you all....:)

The Bobo Buzz said...

Umm..I..ah..I'm speechless! That is the funniest, yet most disturbing thing I have ever seen! I don't know whether I should alert CPS or America's Funniest Videos! Greatness!! :)

SheridanLeftwich said...

That last video was so sad! It made my eyes get all wet. Poor baby didn't want them to go.....

She's so stinken cute I think you should let her watch it when ever she wants.....

Maybe just one hour a day?....

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

that is so sweet but sad all at the same time... she is so sweet and Pierce will do the same when it is all over... I usually cry when AI is over too.

Melissa Terry said...

Hey Addie...This is Melissa (Spry) Terry from A & M. I came across your blog and have enjoyed it. Your sweet family is so precious. I pray you are doing wonderful...