Thursday, February 19, 2009

IT'S A........

GIRL! That's right, we are having another girl! We are completely thrilled that Mabry will have a little sister. I am so excited for Mabry to have someone to play with, fight with:) and hopefully be the best of friends with someday. My sisters mean the world to me and I am so thankful our daughters will get to experience the special relationship of sisterhood. It is such a blessing!

I think Andy is a little nervous about taking on 3 girls on a daily basis, but I know he will do great! And don't worry, we haven't given up on that boy yet. Lord willing, we hope for more babies to come!! As soon as we left the doctor's office after getting the sono Andy turned to me and said,"We are still going for 3, right?" Silly boy wanted to make sure he still had a shot at getting that son and hunting buddy. I guess we will just have to keep trying until we get one! I must say I do love God's sense of humor when dealing with Andy. If you know Andy, you know he often makes BOLD statements about the way things should be. For instance, on our first try for a kid he said he did NOT want a baby around the Christmas holidays. Mabry's birthday.....December 9th. I also remember something about not wanting this baby's b-day in the summer. Due date......June 20th. He also mentioned long ago that his worst fear would be having like 4 or 5 daughters! Well, my dear we are well on our way! You would think he would stop making such statements. Maybe someday he will learn! Personally, I believe God IS going to bless us with that son someday. However, he won't like to hunt or fish but would rather spend his time playing soccer. Andy's favorite sport.:) HA!

Thank you for sharing in our joy with us and thanks be to God who is the giver of life and this most precious gift! We pray for His hand to be on our sweet little girl as she grows and develops and for us to be the best parents possible. We are so blessed!

10 comments:

Todd said...

When y'all have a boy, I'm going to teach him how to play soccer and cycle...for the Lobos... :)

Unknown said...

Congrats Addie and Andy...now you can get them both in the matching outfits and everything!!! Praying for a great pregnancy!!

Perks said...

How wonderful! Having two girls close in age is so great. Congrats!

And...I love the fact that you guys know you want more kids! Keep 'em coming! :)

Rebekah said...

YAY!! I'm so excited! And we all know Andy is too! I will buy tight biking shorts when you have a boy so Todd can teach him how to cycle. Hilarious.

Barb said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. It is great for Mabry and Baby Girl Venables to be so close in age. My sis and I are 18 mos. apart and it's great. They will have such fun together. :)

Summer said...

Congratulations! I'm wondering if I'll ever get a girl. :-) If not, we'll be perfectly happy but it would still be fun! Maybe someday. Glad to know everything is going well with your pregnancy!

Team Green said...

I LOVE this post. It made me laugh out loud about Andy and his bold statements. I would bet those dwindle or become requests. Too funny! And I love that the future Venable son will be the star forward of the select-rec team! And tell Mabry that Lane loves Doe-doe's too and calls them that as well. Doe-Doe!!!! Cracks me up!

The Bobo Buzz said...

Love it! Congrats again, and can't wait to meet the new Miss Venables! :)

TexasNeals said...

awwww, another sweet little girl! i think it's great that Mabry will have a little sister next in the birth order. :)
congrats! and i hope the rest of the pregnancy goes really well!

Jessica Epps said...

Yah! Congratulations! Jason makes the same kind of comments like Andy, I know that we'll have all girls as well! So excited for you!