Monday, December 15, 2008

2 Years Old!!

I can't believe it! Our little girl turned the big #2 last week. We had a great time celebrating with our little family. We had dinner, ate cake, and opened presents. It was a very low-key, but wonderful birthday celebration for Mabry. Andy and I had a great time, too! It was so nice to just have a relaxing evening with our family and watch Mabry take in all the excitement of her 2nd birthday without the stress or craziness of a party. Mabry enjoyed having all Mommy and Daddy's attention on her and getting to open her presents slowly and play with each one. She really enjoyed her cake as well. She hopped up in my lap to get a few last bites of her cake and told me with a big smile, "Mae Mae LIKE cake!". Our sweet little girl is growing up so fast! She is starting to put 3 or 4 words together and form little sentences and can really communicate with us now. She got several puzzles for her birthday and has mastered them all in no time. She absolutely loves doing them over and over again. Here are a few pics from the "party".......

Mabry patiently waiting for the dinner portion of her party to begin!


Mabry LOVED this balloon and played with it just as much as her new presents. In this pic she is having fun seeing herself in the balloon.
Waiting for us to sing and cut the yummy cake!
Family pic with the big 2 year old!


Mabry enjoyed talking to Oma and Opa on the phone. She didn't want to put it down. She just walked around the room with the phone up to her ear and drinking out of her sippy cup. So grown up!

Happy 2nd Birthday sweet girl! We love you!

5 comments:

The Tenner Family said...

Oh my gosh!! She just gets more beautiful with each post! I LOVE the pic of her staring at her cake with the two candles. Priceless. Thanks for sharing!!

Rebekah said...

So cute! That picture of her at the table with her cake is so funny! I just laughed when I saw it! I could think of several captions to put under it. She is definitely growing up! I can't wait to see her over the holidays!

P.S. I loved her birthday outfit! Who needs pants, right?!

Amy Porter said...

I can't believe she is 2!! Wow...time flies! My baby is going to be 3 on Saturday. Crazy! Hope to see yall over the holidays!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

hAPPY 2ND bIRTHDAY... it is amazing how fast time flies with babies... I am so happy to see there is another kid in the world that lives in diapers and t-shirts... that is awesome and that she can wear the same outfit after eating cake.... Pierce would have had it everywhere.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! She is such a cutie pie!! Watch out!