Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eat Much??

We have been having quite a time with our little angel lately. Trying to make her sit in her highchair has somehow backfired to say the least and she is now hardly even eating anything at all. I don't know if this is related to the highchair ordeal or not, which by the way....we totally lost that battle since now we are just focused on getting the child to eat something anyway we can! Forget that crazy highchair! Mabry refuses to eat breakfast most mornings now and it is a struggle to get some lunch into her belly before her afternoon nap. And....what we do get her to eat, it isn't much......just enough to get by. I am at the end of my rope here. I am starting to get worried about her and wondering if something is wrong as to why she won't eat. Not to mention, my patience is being tested since she is super cranky for large parts of the day since I am sure she is super hungry! This is one strong-willed girl. If she makes up her mind she doesn't want to do something, you can bet it is going to be a fight to get her to do it. I am currently trying to make her think eating is her idea and not push her into it. We'll see if this works.:) Please let me know if any of you Moms out there have any grand advice! Love to hear what you have to say.:)

In the meantime, I wanted to share some sweet pictures of Mabry from Memorial Day weekend that didn't make the earlier post. I love these pictures because I think Mabry looks so big and grown up. They also help remind me that she truly is our little sweetheart, despite the tough times we may encounter.









Hope you all have a blessed day!

10 comments:

phillips4 said...

Addie,
I have TWO little strong wills!! One of which is an EXTREMELY picky eater!! And let me just tell you that he has missed many meals in his lifetime. Our Dr. has a son like Cooper and so he just told us that it is not worth making every meal a battle. We TRY to get him to try a bite of what we are eating. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. The main thing that we have learned (the hard way) is not to let it stress us out!! Hang in there and don't beat yourself up. Just pray that the Lord will use that strong will for His purposes as she gets older. That is what we've done- one of these days they will need it to stand up for themselves!!! She is a beauty- cherish every day-they fly by far too fast!!!!
Love you,
Lisa "momma"

The Bobo Buzz said...

You get the greatest pics of her..beautiful!! I know I'm not a mom, but I am an aunt CaCa and I listen really well..so here's my two-cents! Brennan is THE pickiest eater EVER, and Melanie too, was worried about him not eating ANYTHING..so she asked the Dr. about it, and he said, "Look the kids not going to starve, their bodies won't let them, so he'll eat when he wants to eat, and remember he's a baby, he doesn't need that much food to function, he'll get what he needs.." so, take if for what it's worth..He really does seem to be getting better with age though, so stay in there..all in her own time!! :)

Unknown said...

Addie, hopefully this is just a "season" and she'll be eating again. Their bodies are VERY resilient and she won't starve. In the meantime, let me suggest, Raising the Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson, if you don't already have it. Two thumbs up! Love ya!

Liz*** said...

Hey Addie,
Sounds like teething to me. Grant is my strong-willed one and he definitely has missed some meals but when he refused to eat most of the day it was usually because he was cutting teeth. I would try to get a good look in her mouth and maybe try some tylenol. Hang in there!

Amy Porter said...

Hey Addie! We are having the same problem with Mallory...except it is nap taking! Something that she has done for so long, and still needs to do, she is just getting difficult to put down! So...maybe we should just remember "this to shall pass" and fly by the seat of our pants along the way!! :) Sorry this isn't help, but maybe be comforted that my strong-willed child is giving me grief, too!! You're not alone! :)

SheridanLeftwich said...

She looks like she is healthy and thriving. It is hard for us to remember how little they actually need. Our youngest isn't the best eater either. There have been many times that we have had to battle it out. Since I am a sore looser I have to win. The important thing is to pick your battles. Children wont let themselves starve to death.

She may be stubborn but she sure is stinken cute!

Them Chandlers said...

What a CUTIE!!!

The Johnstons said...

i don't have much to contribute about how to get mabry to eat more because parker is not the best eater himself...just wanted to say i'm so, so sad we missed y'all in longview. we were there fri. until today. wish i had known you were there!! maybe next time...candy's shower is aug. 2.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Your a good mom and she will eat when she is ready... Keep your head up and sounds like you are doing a great job. She is so cute.. she takes the best pictures.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Your a good mom and she will eat when she is ready... Keep your head up and sounds like you are doing a great job. She is so cute.. she takes the best pictures.